One is tempted to imagine that every time professionals woodworkers finish their projects by using very expensive tools. However, this is far from the truth as you can easily find the best table saw under 500 dollars. With such a tool, you will easily be in a position to carry out a number of DIY projects and complete them successfully. The table saw is one of those tools that are quite versatile and comes with so many benefits.
However, the challenge is that there are so many different types of table saws and making a choice may be a daunting task. This is the sole purpose of this guide so that I can guide you and help you make the right choice. At the end of this article, you will realize that you can easily get the best table saw for home use at an affordable price.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Table Saw Under 500 Dollars Reviews
- 1.1 Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw GTS1031 with One-Handed Carry Handle
- 1.2 DEWALT DWE7480XA 10 in. Portable Table Saw with Table Saw Stand
- 1.3 Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
- 1.4 WEN 3720 15A Jobsite Table Saw with Rolling Stand, 10″
- 1.5 Things To Consider When Buying the Best Table Saw
Best Table Saw Under 500 Dollars Reviews
One of the ways through which you can sift through the various models of table saws is through reviews. Product reviews will give you an idea of what to expect from a specific model and as such, it makes it easier for you to make a decision. I put together a couple of the table saw reviews of some of the top rated models on the market. I believe that these should serve as a guide that allows you to make the right choice of your tool. Here are my top picks:
Bosch 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw GTS1031 with One-Handed Carry Handle
If you are looking for durability and convenient mobility, then the Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table saw passes as the best table saw under 500. This model comes with a handle that is conveniently placed and can be carried with a single hand. While it is made of all-steel the base is pretty light and this is what gives you the much desired portability. This is one of the most versatile table saws that you will come across on the market.
The handle has an ergonomic soft grip and is well placed at the center, making it possible to carry the 52 lbs. without a problem. When it comes to loading it to a truck, there are side handles that can be used for this purpose. The lightweight base has rubber feet, which enhance the stability of the tool when in use. It also comes with an on-tool stowing under the table, which you can use to store your accessories.
The Smart Guard System is one of the innovative features of the Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Jobsite Table Saw. This modular blade guard will easily and detach in a matter of seconds, increasing productivity. The tabletop is large enough as it measures 20 by 22.5 inches and the tool has a rip capacity of 18 inches. It has a 4.0HP motor which gets to 5,000 no load RPM.
Bosch GTS1031 Features
- The on-board tool storage gives you a whole lot of convenience as you will be able to store all your tools and accessories therein.
- This model assures you of the utmost precision, thanks to the square lock rip fence, with a self-aligning design. This will give you consistent and accurate cutting.
- There is a modular Smart Guard feature, with anti-kickback pawls, which is a safety measure to protect the user as well as the blade.
- It is durable as it is made of all steel and has the capacity to withstand heavy duty applications.
- It is completely portable as it has a compact design and a one-handed carry handle that is centrally placed.
DEWALT DWE7480XA 10 in. Portable Table Saw with Table Saw Stand
If you are looking for the best budget table saw, then the DEWALT DWE7480XA is a great model to consider. This is a 10 inch table saw and it comes with a table saw stand, which is an added benefit. This is a compact job site table saw, with an effective site pro modular guarding system. It has a metal roll cage, which ensures durability, but that notwithstanding, it is has a compact design and lightweight. The tool-less guarding element adjustments is another feature to look out for.
This is a model that has a rack and pinion telescoping fence rails and as such, all adjustments that you would wish to make are smooth, fast and accurate. It has an impressive 24.5-inch rip capacity and this means that you can easily cut through larger workpieces without a struggle. There is a 15 amp motor with 4800 rotations per minute and this is what gives you an easy time when cutting through hardwoods.
The 24-tooth carbide blade will enhance the quality of the cuts and extends the life of the blade. The DEWALT DWE7480XA table saw works with 10-inch blades, which have an arbor size of 5/8 inches. For bevel applications, the blade can easily be adjusted from 0 to 45 degrees. The dust port accommodates 2 ½ inch vacuum hose for easier dust extraction.
DEWALT DWE7480XA Features
- DEWALT DWE7480XA table saw makes it easier to make adjustments as it has rack and pinion telescoping fence rails and as such, adjustments are smooth and accurate.
- The 24 ½ inch rip capacity makes this tool to be effective in cutting larger workpieces for trim and shelving materials.
- This is an economic model as it comes with a heavy duty table saw stand, which will fold up easily when you need to store it up.
- The cleanup is easy there is a dust port, which allows connection of a 2 ½ inch vacuum and thereby minimizing the need to clean up frequently.
- There is a site pro modular guarding system which will allow you to make tool free adjustments on the guarding accessories.
Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw with Laser
From a distance, you may despise the Rockwell RK7241S table saw, due to its simplicity. However, this is a great tool to have in your possession and it is quite handy. Equipped with a 15 amp motor, it is able to deliver up to 4,800 RPM and this is enough to make cuts even on hardwoods. If you are looking for a model that would allow you to make serious cuts, then this is the model to go for.
For the softwoods like plywood, the Rockwell RK7241S will rip through them with so much ease. There is outfeed support that has been included and this will give you great support for your workpieces. This eliminates the need to have an additional table saw stands or rollers when you are making cuts. It works with a 10-inch blade and it is a model that is best known for its cutting capacity, which is about 4 times greater than similar models.
With a rip capacity of 30 inches and a fold out fence, you will easily be able to rip through even 4 by 4 pieces of lumber. It also comes with the deepest cutting depth of 3 9/16 inches. You can use 6-inch dado sets with this model. With all these features, the Rockwell RK7241S is certainly the best table saw under 500.
Rockwell RK7241S Features
- The Rockwell RK7241S comes with a folding fence that allows you to make very wide cuts and has a rip capacity of 30 inches.
- There is a laser indicator, which is a great feature as it will conveniently adjust the blade tilt to give you accurate settings.
- This is a heavy duty model and yet it is quite lightweight to be used as a job site tool. You can be assured of its durability and ability to handle tough applications.
- It comes with a 15 amp motor, which has the capacity to deliver 4800 rpm, no load speeds.
- The table has a maximum cutting depth of 2 9/16 inches at 45 degrees and 3 9/16 at 90 degrees. This is the deepest cutting depth in this category.
WEN 3720 15A Jobsite Table Saw with Rolling Stand, 10″
When you are out looking for the best table saw for the money, the WEN 3720 is a great bet. This is a jobsite table saw that comes with a rolling stand to give you exceptional portability. Besides this, you will enjoy great precision and accurate cuts, whether you are a professional contractor or a hobbyist. The stand easily folds up and you can easily move it around or store it. You will enjoy the incredible 26 inch rip capacity, and a depth cut of up to 3 9/16 inches.
The 15 amp motor is quite effective as it is able to deliver up to 4400 rotations per minute. With such speeds and the 40 tooth carbide tipped 10-inch blade, you will easily cut through even the hardwoods, without a problem. As an added advantage, there are two table extensions and as such, even the largest workpieces can be handled by this model. You will get the maximum support and versatility when making cuts.
The fence on this tool is quite reliable as it attaches tightly to the table. There is an adjustment tracking knob on the front side of the saw and as such, you will adjust the blade and height of the blade with ease. This a compact table saw and quite reliable for all users.
WEN 3720 15A Features
- With this table saw, you can enjoy a great rip capacity of up to 26 inches and cut boards that are up to 3-9/16 inches.
- It comes with an onboard storage option, which is quite convenient as you will be able to store your tools and accessories without a problem.
- The dust port allows you to connect a 2 ½ inches vacuum and this will help in maintaining a clean work site, with effective dust extraction.
- There are 2 table extensions on either sized, which will extend the workspace up to 40 by 30 7/8 inches, allowing you to handle even the larger workpieces.
- The table saw allows you to bevel the blade from 0 to 45 degrees to the left side.
Things To Consider When Buying the Best Table Saw
As you can see, it is not impossible to find the best table saw under 500. There are some things that you should put into considerations so as to ensure that you are getting the perfect model to serve your needs. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Cutting Power and Capacity
Before settling for any table saw, be sure to check the power that it has. This can be established by the amps on the motor. In addition, you should pay attention to the rip capacity as well as the depth of the cuts that you would be able to make.
- Easy to Use
Consider the use of the table saw, from the setting up, making cuts and dissembling. You do not want a model that takes too much of your time. It is best to go for a tool that you can easily set up and make your desired cuts.
- Space Available
Before being excited about the table saw that you want to buy, confirm the space that is available. This makes it easier for you to make an informed decision of the specific model that would fit into your space. Most modern models come with folding designs, which is a great advantage even where there is limited space.
The features of any tool are what will determine the type of work that you will be able to achieve. When it comes to the table saw, you should analyze all the features that it carries and most importantly pay attention to the safety features. Some of the essential safety features that you can look for include flesh detection, emergency switch as well as anti-kickback.
- Price Factor
In your search for the best table saw under $500, you should have a budget that you are working with. This would be an excellent way to have a laser focus on the models that are within a given price range. Once you identify a couple of models, then you should look at what each has and pick the one that best suits your needs.
For more in-depth information about how to choose the best table saw I highly recommend this article – https://sawreviewhub.com/how-to-choose-the-best-table-saw
Table Saw Safety Tips
The table saw is a great tool to have and will allow you to make so many different types of cuts. However, studies show that there are quite a number of accidents that are attributed to the table saw. This means that you need to be extremely careful when using the table saw. Here are some of the safety tips that you need to observe when working with the best table saw under 500 dollars.
- Always see to it that the work area you are using is clean and free of any debris and sawdust. This is a great way to ensure that you are enjoying good visibility and as such, you will be safe at all times and prevent accidents.
- Anytime that you intend to use the table saw, you should check all the features and make sure that the safety features are working as expected. This eliminates the element of surprise when working with your tool.
- All workpieces should be inspected before engaging the blade. Remove any foreign objects like wood knots, nails and pins that may be on the stock. When such objects come into contact with the blade, they will be thrown out like missiles and may also damage the blade.
- Avoid loose clothing and accessories when you are in the workshop and especially when using the table saw. Such may easily be caught by the blade of the table saw and result in serious injuries.
- Allow the blade to come to a complete stop before making any adjustments or changes in the tool. In addition to this, you should completely disconnect the tool from the electrical power outlet so as to avoid powering it on, accidentally.
If you are looking for more information about How To Safely Using A Table Saw & Avoid Danger go here right away
Congratulations on making it this far and it is my sincere hope that you have learned quite a lot and you would be able to buy a table saw without a problem. I have shared all the essential details that you may need to know when shopping for a table saw and even included some of the top rated modes. From the models that I have reviewed, I recommend the DEWALT DWE7480 10 in. Compact Job Site Table Saw as the best table saw under 500. This is a versatile model and gives you exceptional cuts. If this article has been of great help, please let us know and also feel free to share it around.