Table saws have become one of the best essential instrumental in woodwork projects. We all know that the success of any project depends on the tools that are used. If you are a hobbyist or a professional woodworker, you can find the best table saw under 200 dollars. I know that this like a big challenge since there are so many models that are on the market. The essence of this guide is to take you through the factors to consider when shopping and share some product reviews.
With a good table saw, you will be able to accomplish various tasks, with ease. You no longer have to be afraid of shopping for a table saw under the assumption that they are expensive. Through this guide that I have put together, you will be able to make the right decision and purchase a great tool for your task. Stay with me to the end and learn how to get that ideal table saw and even how to use it safely.
Table of Contents
- 1 Which is The Best Table Saw Under 200 Dollars?
- 1.1 Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw with 10-Piece Assorted T-Shank Jig Saw Blade Set
- 1.2 SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- 1.3 Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
- 1.4 Things To Consider When Buying the Best Table Saw
Which is The Best Table Saw Under 200 Dollars?
Whether you are a pro or a novice, the truth of the matter is that anytime you want to buy a table saw you may face a challenge. The fact that there are so many models of the market means that you may end up confused. I have taken the time to pick some top rated models, which are of high quality and under 200 dollars. Here are my selected products:
|SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand||10 Inch||$$$|
|Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461||10 Inch||$$$|
|Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw||4 Inch||$$|
Rockwell RK7323 Blade Runner X2 Portable Tabletop Saw with 10-Piece Assorted T-Shank Jig Saw Blade Set
This deserves to be rated as the best table saw under 200 due to the fact that it works with so many accessories. It is quite light and you should not have any problems moving it around, It has a convenient weight of only 15 pounds and this is supported by the compact design that it carries. With this table saw, you will enjoy the various features that it carries, and as such, be able to make a number of different cuts. You can make use of a miter gauge, rip fence and also use different types of blades when using this tool. This has become one of the favorite options among home users and those that love DIY woodwork projects.
The setting up process of the Rockwell RK7323 blade runner x2 portable tabletop saw is easy and fast. Generally, this has been designed to be a user-friendly model. There is the advantage that you will be able to work like a pro and the design makes it not occupy too much space. There are 1 different jigsaw blades that are part of this tool and this will allow you to try out different types of cuts. It also includes a very large rip fence and this will be quite useful when you need to make cuts on large pieces of stock.
There is a guide on this table saw and this will enhance the accuracy of the cuts that you make. The miter gauge will also be instrumental in helping you achieve amazing and high-quality cuts. As a way of enhancing the convenience of using this saw, it comes with handles that ease the movement. Most of the adjustments on the table saw are tool-free and this is a great convenience, especially for home users. This is a model that will accept any 4-inch t-shank jigsaw blade, which does limit you as to the type of cuts that you can make. This is certainly a table saw to consider having.
Rockwell RK7323 Features
- The Rockwell bladerunner x2 portable table saw comes with a set of 10 pieces of blades, which diversifies its use in making cuts.
- It is quite light as it only weighs 15 pounds and in addition to this it is equipped with handles which will make it easier to move it around.
- This is a versatile tool that can be used in cutting various applications, which include metal, wood, plastic and even aluminum.
- There is a large and useful rip fence, which will be useful for the large workpieces that you need to work on.
- This is an ideal model for home users as it is very easy to set up and comes with a compact design, which means that you do not have to use a lot of space to set it up.
SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
The SKIL table saw 3400 series is one of the best for those looking for budget models. One of the things that stand out on the saw is the fact that it has a folding stand. The legs are useful as they provide the support to make it stable and once you are done using it, they will fold for storage or transportation. This is a portable model, with a weight of 67 pounds and as such, you should not have any problems moving it around. The motor on this table saw is quite powerful and goes all the way to 5,000 rotations per minute, without a load.
If you want to make cuts of up to 3 ½ inches, this is the right model to use as it is easy to make adjustments to suit these cuts. The self-aligning rip fence is one of the amazing additions on this model as you can easily move it from 2 to 47 degrees, effortlessly. This is the tool to use when you want to achieve accurate cuts, without a compromise. The miter gauge and blade wrenches are some of the accessories that it comes with to help you in achieving total accuracy. The table saw uses 10-inch blades and this allows you to make cuts on different types of materials.
As for the construction, it is made of cast aluminum, which is a guarantee of durability. There is also an EZ View measurement mechanism and this is another feature that will ensure that you make cuts with the utmost precision. The saw is designed in such a way that it enhances productivity. The process of setting it up is fast and easy and this is supported by a quick mounting mechanism. This is a great table saw to have as it comes with an exceptional capacity to handle different tasks, without a problem. Choosing to buy this model would be a great decision as it has the same features that you would find on other pricier models.
SKIL table saw 3400 Features
- This tool comes with a unique feature known as EZ view measurement and with this, you can be certain that your measurements are accurate, at all times.
- The saw is made of cast aluminum, which is quite solid and this will give you service for a very long time as it is strong and durable.
- The SKIL 10 inch table saw comes with a unique design as it has folding legs. This is convenient when you need to store or transport the table saw.
- With the option of extending the tool all the way to 20 x 32 inches, you can easily handle pieces of stock that are longer than the usual.
- The model has the capacity to cut to a maximum height of 3 ½ inches and will easily cut through 4x materials.
- There is a self-aligning rip fence, which means that even if you are not an expert, you will easily make accurate cuts.
Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 In. Table Saw 28461
While it sounds like a pipe dream, the Craftsman Evolv is the best table saw under 200 dollars. This is a great model to have as it made in such a manner that it will last for a very long time and can handle different tasks, without a problem. If you are on a budget, then picking the Craftsman Evolv 15 Amp 10 Inch table saw 28461 will be an excellent decision. Much as the price is lower, this does not compromise on the functionality of the saw. It is quite light and has a compact size, making it be ideal for job site use. Even with its small size, do not despise this model as you can cut larger workpieces.
This is the type of table that gives you accurate cuts without a compromise and you will be impressed by the fact that it can cut through different applications without any issues. With a 15 amp motor, the Craftsman 10 inch table saw gives you adequate power to make quick and accurate cuts. This is the same motor that you would have on the large table saws, which are used for heavy-duty cutting. The unique features of this table saw will allow you to make different types of cuts without a problem. In fact, it is quite versatile in its uses as you can use it for trimming and edging functions.
For corner and bevel cuts, all you need to do is to adjust your miter gauge and the 10 inch Craftsman table saw will work wonders. You can also use the tool to make deep cuts and all you have to do is make the relevant adjustments on the blade. The guarding system is also one of a kind and this is part of the features that enhance the control of the tool. You will easily be able to align the blade to the workpiece and this gives you the assurance that you will have accurate cuts. Considering the diverse nature and versatility of this table saw, getting it under $200 dollars is an excellent deal.
Craftsman Evolv Table Saw 28461 Features
- As far as safety goes, the model comes with an on/off switch, which also doubles up as an emergency safety switch.
- The miter gauge on this saw is quite convenient as it will be adjusted with ease so as to be able to make corner and bevel cuts with the Craftsman professional table saw.
- This works with the 24 tooth carbide tipped blades, which ensure that you achieve accurate cuts.
- The advanced guarding system gives you greater control when using the table saw and the end result is that you will be able to achieve acute cuts.
- With a powerful 15 amp motor, you will be able to cut through tough applications without any worry. The saw has a rack and pinion fence mechanism for easier adjustments and use.
Things To Consider When Buying the Best Table Saw
Every time you have to spend the money, you must make sure that you are getting value for your money. There are so many table saws that are available at a budget price, but not all of them would serve your purpose. As such, when you are out shopping, you need to know what to look for so as to get the right model. Here are some critical considerations that you should bear in mind when you are out looking for a table saw under 200 dollars:
- User Friendly: The fact that there some table saws that are complex does not mean that all of them are like that. When you are shopping for one, go for one that is simple, but effective. You do not need a model that takes hours to set up or dismantle. You need to look for one that will be easy to set up, as this will give you more time to focus on your project. Check all the features and if possible pick a model that allows tool-less adjustments, as this is quite easy to align and adjust, depending on the cuts that you want to make.
- Cutting Ability: Consider the cutting capacity of the table saw, so as to see if it matches up to your needs. Note the rip capacity as well as how deep the saw will be able to cut. While doing this, it is imperative to consider the power that that saw has, which is determined by the motor. This will dictate the type of applications that you will be able to use the saw on. You can also look at the features and accessories that your saw has.
- Construction and Size: A table saw is not a temporary machine that you will keep replacing every other day. As such, go for a model with solid construction, which lasts for a long time. You do not want a feeble saw that will start breaking after a couple of uses. Stay clear of models that have plastic parts as these are not durable. In addition pay attention to the design and the size of the saw. If you do not have too much space, you will a folding table saw, for easier storage.
- Price Range: What is the exact cost of the table saw that you are looking to buy. It is advisable to consider a number of models that are within the same price range and compare the features of each model. Do not be too concerned with the price, but instead, focus on the features so as to see if they will serve your needs as you would want. You do not have to pay so much for a table saw as there are models that are available at a lower price and work in the same way as those that are priced high.
- Intended Use: The most frustrating thing would be to get a saw that does not serve your purpose. You should be clear if you are looking for a model that will cut different materials, different cuts and so on. This will lead you to a versatile model and you can easily tell this with the features that each model has. While at it, it is advisable to consider the safety features that are included on the saw. Some of the common safety features that you need to have include anti-kickback, blade guard, flesh detection and even an emergency switch.
For more in-depth information about how to choose the best table saw I highly recommend this article – https://sawreviewhub.com/how-to-choose-the-best-table-saw
Table Saw Safety Tips
The table saw is an incredible tool that will help you achieve so many cuts, effortlessly. However, this is one of the most dangerous power tools that you can ever have. Without the proper safety measures being put in place, you may end up being hurt or injure others when using your tool. Here are some professional safety tips that you should have at the back of your mind when using a table saw:
- Before attempting to make any cuts with your tool, please be sure to read and understand the instructions manual.
- Use your saw on a clean work area and as such, it is recommended to always clear the table after every cut. This will give you clear visibility at all times and prevent an accident.
- Never wear loose clothing and accessories in the workshop when you intend to use the saw. These can easily be caught by the blade and result in serious injuries.
- To achieve clean and accurate cuts, you should always make sure that you are using the correct inserts, as recommended by your manufacturer.
- Your safety is paramount and as such, you should always wear protective clothing at all times. You should have ear muffs and safety glasses, on the minimum.
- Never use your free hand to guide the workpiece as you can easily be caught by the blade. Use push devices like push sticks and push shoes to take the stock through the blade.
- When you need to align your workpiece for accurate cuts, use the fence and the miter gauge and any other accessories that may be provided by the manufacturer.
- Before starting the tool to make cuts, you need to test and confirm that all the features are working properly. Be keener on the safety features so as to prevent unforeseen accidents.
- Always maintain a good balance and good body posture when using the table saw. Stay at a safe distance from the saw and always ensure that you are not in front of the table saw.
- In the event that you wish to make any alignments and adjustments in your saw, ensure that it is not connected to the power outlet.
- Allow the blade to spin and get to the maximum speed before you can begin the cutting. You should never start the saw with the workpiece already engaged.
- Never overreach a spinning blade and if you have to make any adjustments, you should allow the blade to come to a complete stop and then turn it off. This will prevent any accidents.
- Check the workpiece and get rid of any foreign objects like nails, wood knots or even staple pins. These are some of the things that would cause kickback, which could cause injuries.
- Be sure to have the right blade for the specific cuts that you are making so as to enjoy the efficiency of the saw.
- When you are not using the saw, disconnect it from power and store it away.
If you are looking for more information about How To Safely Using A Table Saw & Avoid Danger go here right away
Congratulations for having come this far and hope that you will be in a position to make a better purchasing decision. With the reviews that I have provided, you should have an idea of how most table saws work. I have also given you some critical tips, which you will use as considerations in making your choice. From the models that I have reviewed in this guide, I recommend the SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand as the best table saw under 200 dollars. I sincerely hope that this guide will be of great use to you. Please feel free to comment and share the guide with others.